There are many reasons why football is the most popular sport in the world. While other sports feature higher scoring probabilities, soccer is relatively a low-scoring sport. Most of the time, you will never see more than a total of 5 goals on the scoreboard. Then there comes a football match once in a while where you can see a total of up to 10 goals on the scoreboard. But that is not the extreme in this otherwise low-scoring sport. If such a match comes along once in a while, using soccer prediction sites can mean that you are able to generate some big profits.
Biggest Win in FIFA
There are very rare exceptions where it can be a free-for-all goal spree. It may seem that the rain of goals is never going to end. The 2001 FIFA World Cup qualification match between Australia and American Samoa is considered the biggest FIFA win in history.
This is a famous match in the soccer world because it was a FIFA World Cup qualifier. There are even bigger soccer victories, but they are from lesser-known leagues from around the world. If you were betting with the help of good and accurate soccer prediction sites, this would have been one match you should have looked forward to making some big money. Some of the interesting facts about this game are as follows:
- The match was played on April 11, 2001, for qualifying into the 2002 FIFA World Cup
- The game was played in Coffs Harbour in Australia
- The final scoreboard read 31-0, with Australia winning it
- Archie Thompson scored 13 goals, a record for an international soccer match
- Both American Samoa and Australia didn’t field their strongest team rosters for the match
- Australia didn’t qualify for the FIFA World Cup because they lost to Uruguay in the playoffs
The match encouraged FIFA to introduce a preliminary round before the qualifiers to eliminate the chances of such unbalanced matches taking place. Another important change was Australia moving to the Asian Football Confederation by the next FIFA World Cup.
There are many other big-score victories in soccer that are worth knowing. If you scour the soccer prediction sites, you should have been betting on these to make some big profits.
i. 1987 – Preston North End Vs. Hyde United
In 1987, Preston North End beat Hyde United in an FA Cup match. The 26-0 victory sets the record margin in the FA Cup.
- Tom Finney played a crucial role in the match
- Before this, the club was doing badly in English soccer
- Preston was able to reach the 1888 FA Cup final but was beaten 2-1 by West Bromwich Albion
ii. 2009 – Villarreal Vs. Navata
Villarreal may not be the top La Liga club, but it certainly has a big record to its name. In 2009, they beat Navata in a friendly warm-up match with the score 27-0. Some of the key features of this match are as follows:
- The Spanish club had lost their manager to Real Madrid in the summer
- Jonathan Pereira scored 7 goals in the game
- The club’s new coach used a unique strategy of playing a different 11 after half time
- The club was fifth during the previous La Liga season
iii. 1971 – Tahiti Vs. Cook Islands
This match was played in the Oceanic Football Confederation or OFC. Tahiti faced the Cook Islands during the South Pacific Games and beat the side 30-0. Tahiti went on to play the Semi-Final in the South Pacific Games and ended up third.
iv. 2002 – A.S Adema Vs. Stade Olympique L ‘Emyrne
The biggest soccer victory you would want to bet on through soccer prediction sites would have been the 2002 match in Madagascar. This match may not have been played in a major league, it is still the biggest winning margin in the sport.
This unique match helped Madagascar gain some attention throughout the soccer world. Some of the interesting facts of this strange, seemingly one-sided football match are as follows:
- AS Adema won the match 149-0
- It was the last match of the Indian Ocean Island’s League Championship
- Stade Olympique L ‘Emyrne (SOE) scored its own goals as a protest against poor refereeing
- SOE were the champions the previous year
The team was punished by the championship association. Interestingly, AS Adema won the match without having to do anything.
How to Predict Correct Scores?
Correct score betting, as the name suggests, involves guessing and wagering on the accurate score of an upcoming match. As already mentioned, football is a relatively low-scoring sport. So if you can find the right soccer prediction sites, it is possible to make accurate predictions and win these bets.
Some of the most important factors considered by the Top tipsters at these soccer prediction sites are as follows:
- League Stats: Studying the league statistics helps you gain insights into the score lines that are most likely to appear.
- Latest Results: The results from the past few matches are evaluated to identify any patterns. One or both sides may not have been scoring well in their past matches, or they may have kept clean sheets.
- Head-to-Head Record: It is also important to check the past matches between the two teams and the outcomes. Experts at soccer prediction sites use this data as important criteria to determine the Correct Score of the upcoming match.
There are many more factors that are taken into account by soccer prediction sites. This includes the attacking or defensive playing style of each team, injuries or suspensions of key players, corner record of both sides, shots on target data, the importance of the match for both sides, and much more.
It is rare for high-scoring matches, like the ones mentioned above, to occur. However, you can never know how a football match may turn out. So it is best to trust the experts at soccer prediction sites who have years of experience and evaluate all key factors. This will help you win consistently and generate profits every month and every season.