Soccer prediction is a skill for which the demand is rising with every football season. The reason for this growing popularity of any prediction site that can deliver on its promises is partly due to the rise in the number of investors in the soccer betting scene. There is an important distinction to be made between investors in betting and occasional bettors.
Punters who invest in the betting scene are more likely to subscribe to one or more accurate soccer prediction sites as they would rather rely on sustained winnings through well researched and analyzed predictions than chance and hunches.
How Do Soccer Prediction Sites Work?
Every prediction site works by getting expert tipsters and professional football analysts on board and having them offer predictions on various betting markets across a wide number of leagues and competitions. Reliable tipsters on reputed sites generally make use of either or both of these processes to come up with accurate predictions:
- Software Based Prediction System: Many tipsters and betting experts swear by the use of machine learning algorithms and software-based prediction models. That is because they believe that programs are more likely to handle statistics better. Bettors can also tweak features, add or delete parameters, etc. to get the most accurate outcomes. Different tipsters and sites use different algorithms to come up with predictions.
- Big Data Analysis: Big data analysis is a term coined to state the process of analyzing several data groups which include-
- Team Data: Team data analysis requires taking a look typically at the league standing of the team, their UEFA or FIFA ranking, the present squad including reserve and benched players, the manager and his relationship with the squad and latest the statistics in terms of goals for and against, number of clean sheets and such information as related to the team.
- Match Data: An insight into past record of the face-offs between the concerned teams which throws light into the performance against each other by analyzing statistics like corners, shots taken, on-target shots, percentage of possession, number of saves, number of goals, etc. is important for accurately predicting how the teams might perform against each other in the future. This analysis forms the basis of match data analysis.
- Player Data: Player data analysis looks in-depth at each player in the first team and bench. Data related to goals scored, the number of assists made, minutes played, distance covered on the field, bookings, injuries sustained, transfer fees and earnings, etc. to profile the key players and their potential impact on a match.
- Bookmaking Data: Betting trends are crucial to the understanding of true value odds and possible outcomes of face-offs and are one of the most crucial types of data analysis done by accurate soccer prediction sites. Bookmaking data analysis looks closely at the record of previous odds set for matches between the relevant teams, the fluctuations in odds over time, the trends in betting, match outcomes matched against respective odds and more.
Predictions made using a combination of the above-mentioned methods along with the knowledge of the game as well as the leagues by professional Soccer tipsters found on prediction sites increase the likelihood of beating the bookies and winning more bets in a consistent and sustained manner, a trick that successful bettors learn to master.